missionary plaque picture

missionary plaque picture

Monday, August 31, 2015

"In the gift of His Son hath God prepared a more excellent way!"

Ether 12:11 :) Favorite scripture of the week! 

Dear Family, 

I LOVED the pictures of the Cotswalds! It looks like you had such a blast! Did you get any pictures outside the London temple? If you've got more pictures send them my way :) 

This week was stressful. Sis Loveless and I worked harder than ever and found several new investigators. We were excited about them but most dropped us before the week was over. We've been working with a sweet 14 year old girl named Kylee whose mom got baptized in May and her stepdad became active at the same time. She really wants to be baptized but is afraid of what her dad will think. We had an amazing lesson with her on Saturday where we'd felt prompted to invite her to be baptized, but the next day at church her mom told us that Kylee had a breakdown, worrying about her decision. That broke my heart and I felt so horrible. I just have to trust that Sis Loveless and I were following the Spirit when we invited her to be baptized and trust that it will be okay. 


We're also working with a sweet girl whose aunt was recently baptized in another ward. She wants to be baptized so badly but lives with her dad on the weekends. He'll let her go to church but doesn't want to take her. We're praying and trying to figure out a way to work around that. Thankfully she has some great fellowship in the ward. We brought Sister Hafen and her cute daughter with us and they invited her out to the activites. So we'll start there. :)
 So we knocked on a door this week that had one of those alcoves next to it... Sis Loveless dared me to see if I could fit in it. This is the best I could do :) haha 
Our yummy egg tomato and avocado breakfast, to celebrate after our back-to-back exchanges were over! I love sister l<3veless! 

I don't have that much else to report but I do want to bear my testimony. I have come to realize that peace, joy and love are not just words that make people feel good-- they are human needs. Lasting peace and incomprehensible joy come when we live the doctrine of Christ. Heavenly Father loves us more than we can comprehend. Families are the most important unit and the greatest blessing. This life was not designed for us to figure out on our own. We need our families! We need each other. I've decided that when I have my own family, my first priority will be the things that keep us unified: Daily scripture study. Daily family prayer. Family Home Evening. Listening to General Conference and attending church together. Serving together and playing together. I refuse to skimp on those things. I've seen what happens when families stop putting Christ and His teachings at the center of their relationships. I'm so grateful for my family and the pattern they've set of gospel living. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's original Church restored to the earth. I feel this in my heart and it is confirmed to me every time I pray. Jesus Christ lives and His prophets point to Him. And I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. :) 


Love you times a million! Have a happy week! 
Sister Megan Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment