missionary plaque picture

missionary plaque picture

Monday, August 24, 2015

"It can be easy, or it can be FUN!"

Hi Family! 

So I looked back at my email from last week and I think half of it got cut off and lost in space... I didn't mean to write that short of an email!  :/ Sorry guys. I went on to talk about how we took Nate and Jori for a tour of the temple grounds and they were totally speechless. There was a white dove up in the rafters and Nate was like "If that isn't a sign that the Spirit's here, along with the fact that this is the only place that can make me speechless..." Jori texted us later and told us at the temple, she finally felt that she was where she belonged. Pretty cool stuff. 

 I sure miss Sister Mayfield but I LOVE Sister Loveless! I talked about this in the vanishing half of my last email... but she came straight from my area in Kingman AZ! So we've taught the same people, love the same members and recent converts and investigators.... we've had the most wonderful time talking about Kingman and all the people we love there. Andy's wife Anna and their son Braden are getting baptized in September (:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so we will get to go to the baptism TOGETHER! How cool is that?!!! 

Anyway, Sis Loveless brings out the best in me. She's been out 7 and a half months and she's from KIRKLAND WASHINGTON. Yeah! (Fun fact: Our whole leadership team, the ZLs and us, are from Western WA. Vancouver, Enumclaw, Kirkland, and Kent. It's operation occupy GREEN valley!) She loves the color yellow and is the most positive, happy, hardworking and down-to-earth girl. We're having a blast and working hard. It's really cool because we've been able to feel the Spirit guiding us to be in the exact right place in the right time. 

For example: One night we were driving to contact some referrals and we both felt like that wasn't where we needed to be. So we pulled over and said a prayer, and felt like we needed to visit a recent convert named Sis Frazer. We knocked on her door, no answer. Talked to a guy on the street, not interested. Felt prompted to knock on another door, not nice. Decided to leave- as Sister Loveless was backing out the car, someone else drove by and she waved. I watched in the rear view mirror as the driver stopped, backed up, and rolled down the window. It turns out it was a woman named Cindall, who has met missionaries before and wants us to come back! Look at that. If we'd left any sooner we would have missed her. Heavenly Father's timing is perfect. I know that if always trust in that, it will always eventually make sense. 

This week we had an amazing stake conference with a member of the seventy named Elder Tilleman. During the adult session he impromptu called one of our companionships of sisters up impromptu to share their testimonies. One sister, Sister Shaw, had only been out since wednesday and bore the sweetest testimony. Sister Porter, her trainer, has only been out for 4 months and said some incredibly profound things. I just sat there and bawled. 

A few things that Sis Porter said that I want to pass on (paraphrasing) : 

"We [the missionaries] are here to be your backup. When I came on my mission it was a lot easier than I thought it would be to talk to people. I thought it was the nametag... I learned that sharing the gospel isn't putting on a mask, it's taking one off." 

"The difference between me and you is a piece of plastic.... 'If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work.' D&C 4 was written to Joseph Smith Sr- a member missionary.' "

What a powerhouse! It was really cool to see the attitude of all the members toward missionaries and missionary work change after conference was over. So grateful to serve around such amazing sisters. :) 

I love you so much! It sounds like you had such a blast on your London trip! I can't wait to see photos. And Dad, that's so exciting that you were able to give that Book of Mormon to Amelia! I'll pray for her that she reads it and reaches out to the missionaries!! That is AWESOME! :) Best of luck adjusting back to normal time and starting school! And happy birthday to mom! Best momma in the world! 


Love, Sister Browning

We made welcome banners for our missionaries and put them on their doors while they were at the new missionary meeting :) we have some young missionaries in our zone! They are all under 5 months old and two are brand new! 

Comp study with L<3VELESS :) I have reached a point in my mission where companion study almost always happens on the floor. I kneel down to pray and I just can't get up! 

Have a lovely week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment