missionary plaque picture

missionary plaque picture

Monday, July 6, 2015

Sister Browning Pretends to be a Professional Photographer

Dear Family, 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ryan!! There is something on its way for you in the mail but it will be a little late because of the holiday weekend. Have a blast tomorrow!

You guys will not believe how amazing our 4th of July was. They always tell us that holidays are prime proselyting days, but in my experience that hasn't been the case. So we decided to be a little creative :) Our zone got together to help celebrate families. We set up a booth in the most crowded park we could find and took free family photos for those who were there. We also handed out family history cards and conducted a family survey. We were a little worried to see how successful it was going to be, but a member in our ward let us us borrow his professional equipment (that's a lot of trust...) and is going to edit/develop the photos for us. 


It was a huge hit! We had people lining up to get their family photos. Everyone was so kind and super impressed that we were missionaries from our church. When it was all over we ended up with over 55 referrals that will go out to missionaries all over Las Vegas and other states. :) it was incredible. We found 2 less active members who were looking to come back to church, and found many people who would like missionaries to come by. It had to have been one of my favorite things I have done as a missionary. I don't think I have felt like I have done as much good as I did in that one night. We were able to share goodness to thousands of people. THAT is the essence of "missionary fun!" 

As far as transfer news goes, I'm staying with Sister Mayfield in Whitney Ranch, and I am beyond excited. I love this area and my companion so much!  This Sunday Alli and her boys will be baptized. They are so incredibly ready! Their family has been seeing miracle after miracle pour in, by way of Alli's health and her husband's job situation. Hopefully he will recognize that these blessings come from God and make the plunge! 

This week I was struck by how much I love the Book of Mormon! It is such a source of peace and strength that you can never drain dry! I know from the bottom of my heart that it's the word of God! Every word adds a second witness to the Bible's message that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I would defend that book and Joseph Smith as a prophet of God to anyone. President Hinckley's promise is so important in our lives: "Those who have read [the Book of Mormon] prayerfully, be they rich or poor, learned or unlearned, have grown under its power. … Without reservation I promise you that if you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon, regardless of how many times you previously have read it, there will come into your hearts … the Spirit of the Lord. There will come a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to his commandments, and there will come a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God." (PMG pg 108) 


Horrible photo.... We should've taken one with our fancy equipment, not the iPad ;) just want to show you where we were and what we were doing! Prez showed up around 6 to help and he wants to continue doing this for future 4th of Julys! 


Love you all! 
Sister Browning 

No comments:

Post a Comment