missionary plaque picture

missionary plaque picture

Monday, October 12, 2015

"The future of your faith is not by chance, but by choice."

Dear Family,

My new ponderizing scripture is Matt 6:3-4 if you're curious :) thanks
for sharing yours!

I got a sweet package from the Houghtons today and I'll be writing a
letter back soon! Please tell them I said thank you for thinking of me
:)

Glenn's baptism on Saturday was wonderful! Something cool- there were
back to back baptisms at the stake center all afternoon. On the hour,
every hour. These missionaries are working so hard and seeing so many

miracles! It's just a blessing to be serving around them!

Glenn just has the purest heart. He will make a wonderful member of the church! You go Glenn coco! 

Sorry if my letter's a little short this week- I am going to go use my Pday time to nap. This is the most exhausted I think I have ever been. This week we had so many appointments that we had to work through lunch most days and dinner a couple times. It's constant go, go, go!

 On Thursday I got to go on exchanges with sister Koyle, and the night after exchanges sister Porter and I realized we didn't make any time to plan our trainings for the zone meeting the next day. I knew I was supposed to train on having effective studies but I didn't know how my tired brain was going to come up with anything good. I knelt down in my bathroom, exhausted, and prayed for Heavenly Father to help me plan this training because I knew I couldn't do it on my own. As soon as I opened my scriptures, the revelation came: Miracles. I was supposed to train on miracles, and how we prepare for miracles by studying for our investigators. It turned out to be pretty good. I know it would have been nothing on my own. It was a great lesson on doing everything through Christ! 

This week I've been thinking a lot about the power of faith and really loved reading Neil L. Anderson's talk from the priesthood session. Our faith really is always either increasing or decreasing. I've asked myself the question he asks, "how does the Savior see my faith?" It's a humbling question and there's so much room for improvement! I'm going to keep striving for the great faith that's in the scriptures and invite you all to do the same :) 

I love each of you and I'm praying for you by name! 

Love,
Sister Megan Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment