missionary plaque picture

missionary plaque picture

Monday, October 19, 2015

"If you really want to get God talking, ask Him about His kids."

Dear Family, 

Grace is the best!! Thanks for reminding me to read that BD section! That one and the section on Prayer are my favorites. A quote on grace by Brad Wilcox: "Christ doesn't make up the difference... Christ makes all the difference."

So yes, grace. Grace and vitamins. Those are what I must rely on. ;) (thanks for sending those, Mom, I used up everything I had in my last area so I can't wait to get your package.)

This week was great! We had a few exchanges and tons of lessons and lots of little miracles! 

I had Sister Lee with me in the area for the day, and that was the funniest exchange I have ever been on. She is 33, from South Korea, learning English and has been in the field for 9 weeks. We saw all kinds of miracles, like meeting a woman who was part Korean (she was black and it was dark outside... never would have guessed) who had literally just made Korean food and was looking for a church/baptism. Whoa!! What are the odds! I've never seen a happier missionary than Sister Lee in that moment. Haha 

We also met a woman named Brenda who's just amazing. Trying to meet some more members, we knocked on a door where we knew two YSA-aged kids lived, and their mom Brenda answered. Her children have both taken missionary lessons on their own and joined the church but she has never sat down and talked with the missionaries. But she is the most Christlike person I have ever met and loves God so much. She's been through every trial you can think of found Christ because of it and has built a beautiful life for her kids. She told us, "If you really want to get God talking, ask him about His kids. He's the proudest parent in the universe." Sometimes she'll look at a person and ask God, "tell me about that person." And she gets a little glimpse of them through God's eyes. Then the Spirit will tell her, "now go tell them that." And that's how she gets to help people see their potential. What a gift! She told us that she used to be afraid of the Mormon missionaries but that now she's open to listen. We promised her that that same Spirit she is so attuned to will testify to her the truth of our message if she opens her heart, reads, and prays. Can't wait to see what happens! 

Funny quote of the week: While standing on a doorstep, the member who was out with us looked at me and goes, "You know, even though you're... dying slowly... I appreciate that you're still willing to work."

Thank you? Hahaha 

My ponderize scripture is 2nd Nephi 7:11. "Behold all ye that kindle fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks, walk in the light of your fire and in the sparks which ye have kindled." I'm really not sure what it means, but I read it this morning and thought it sounded cool. Like... As you help others light the fire of their testimonies, keep yours burning bright by living what you believe. It's Isaiah, so... It could mean anything... Any thoughts? 

Tell Becca Parkes I said congratulations on her homecoming! She has kept in contact with me my whole mission and I just admire her so much for the way she served and the person she's become. And please tell Cheryl Porter that I love her. How fun that you got to spend some good time with her. :)  

Love you to infinity and beyond! Hurrah for Israel! 
Love, 
Sister Megan Browning


Our ward mission leader and his wife are two of the best human beings this side of the Rockies. At dinner we learned that Bro Ackerman has a drag racing Oldsmobile which he let us sit in and pretend to drive. It's the best we could do! ;) 

Vroom vroom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment