missionary plaque picture

missionary plaque picture

Monday, November 16, 2015

It's a Jungle out there!

Hi family!

We survived week 1! In most of the pictures we took this week, I look
like the living dead. So I will not be sending them home. Haha :) But
here is sister Walton and I when we took the departing missionaries to
the temple!
I love having a curly haired companion. She understands!

Tuesday and Wednesday were the craziest days. We were helping with transfers, meetings, driving departing missionaries to the airport at 4am, picking up the new ones, training them, and then staying up till 1:30 working on stuff. By Thursday we were giving trainings in our sleep. It was a blast. I loved getting to see the new missionaries come down the escalator and hold the big "welcome new missionaries sign." It was a good conversation starter and we got a couple good contacts there in the airport ;)

It was also really cool to see Heavenly Father just pour down miracles in the few hours we did have to proselyte. Even though our time was so limited it was the very best week of my mission in terms of finding and teaching. We street contacted a YSA age girl named Alex who we passed off to those missionaries. They in turn told us to go teach the whole family and invite them to be baptized! Sure enough, Alex, her parents, and her teenage brothers were all there and all accepted a baptism date of December 12. Wow!!!

Missionary work continues to be the funniest, the weirdest, and the awkward-est. This one guy we were teaching, Eric, was given a huge lizard as a pet and we showed up as he was wrestling it from the car into his apartment. Not the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Halfway through the lesson I noticed a tarantula waving it's nasty arms behind the glass of its cage. I'm happy to say that I did NOT flip out! Progress is real ;) I was really thinking about asking him if I could hold it, yknow, total immersion and all that, but he dropped us so I won't have to face that fear. Bittersweet. ;)

I love you all and I love the gospel! Jesus Christ is our everlasting friend and His church has been restored :) have a happy week!

Love, Sister Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment