missionary plaque picture

missionary plaque picture

Monday, October 20, 2014

"I Cannot Say the Smallest Part Which I Feel"

Alma 26:16 :)
Hi Family!
Thanks so much for sorting through so many pockets of random Megan-things to put together that package! I don't even know where any of my stuff is at home, so... I can only imagine how long that's taken! I really appreciate it :)
Mom, I'm printing out your email and re-reading it whenever I have an "off day." I love you! :) And yes, green smoothies are my bread-and-butter. (That's kinda punny...) I usually do almond milk, spinach, kale, bananas, frozen mango and strawberry, chia seeds, sometimes peanut butter. If I can get my hands on all that stuff that you use, I want to give that a try!
Well this week, our teaching pool exploded. It was the most exciting thing ever. Do you remember how last week I said I had a feeling that the next week was going to be full of miracles?? Oh boy it happened! Sister Smith and I set a higher goal for finding new investigators than we ever have before. I know Heavenly Father blessed us because we commited ourselves to that goal! Prepared, amazing people just seemed to come out of the woodwork.
 We're teaching this amazing girl named Alexis who's preparing to be baptized on November 8th! She's had a hard life, but you could never tell just from looking at her. She's risen above all the hard things in her past and found a testimony of Jesus Christ on her own. A friend from college gave her a Book of Mormon and she read through chapter 8 before we even met her. Wow! She had the sweetest experience when she prayed about the Book of Mormon... she prayed before bed, and woke up at 4:30 AM with the book in her arms like a teddy bear. We promised her that Heavenly Father wanted her to know that her testimony of that book could be her best friend, and bring her more comfort and peace than any other book. She's become good friends with Michael, and Sabrina, and their recent convert experiences are helping her a ton. That's one of the amazing things about Robindale--  in the same week that we meet them, our investigators are already hanging out with the ward members and being included in the group, without us asking them to, without us being there.
One other fun story from Alexis: She graduated college recently as a fashion design major, so she dresses really smart. At institute on Wednesday she excitedly told us "I bought my first modest dress for church! It even has sleeves! I searched forever and finally found one I liked!" Of course we hadn't asked her to, but the fact that she took the initiative to do that warms my heart. She's so ready to follow her Savior and do whatever He asks. :)
If I wrote down every experience and tender mercy and miracle from this past week, it'd go on for miles. I didn't know I had enough room in my heart to love so many people so much! I  wish I could bottle up that feeling and send it home so you could know exactly what it's like. I'm so, so grateful. Ammon says it best... "Who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." A recently returned missionary spoke in church yesterday and said "I know I went on my mission to find my friends." That is exactly how I feel, especially serving with young single adults. I know I knew these people before this life. I can just imagine us making some kind of pact that whichever one of us had the gospel would share it with the other. And since I have been so blessed to be raised in a home where I always knew who I was and who God is and what His plan is for us, I get to be the one to share that with my friends! Because if the roles were reversed, I know they'd do it for me.
Speaking of love. I LOVE Sister Smith! She's such an amazing missionary! I've been noticing lately that the Spirit is really working in our companionship. On multiple occasions every day, we will have the same prompting of where to go, or what direction to take a lesson, or who to call or visit.. we even say the same things in the same tone of voice at the same time. And even though it happens every day, we'll just turn to each other, like *gaaassp...* the Spirit!!Anyway, Sister Smith is amazing. She is so good at loving everyone, right away, no matter what they're like on the outside. If she were a Disney princess, she'd be Esmerelda from Hunchback of Notre Dam. She's got this strong, independent, don't-need-no-man personality coupled with an incredible "God Help the Outcasts" charity and love for those around her. I love serving with her and I'm praying for another transfer together!
Well I'm fresh outta time but that's just a little bit of my wonderful week. Please pray for President Snow as he finalizes plans for transfers. I know that whatever happens next transfer is what Heavenly Father needs to happen :)
I love you all! Sending a belated picture from Meet the Mormons last week. :)
 Lots of Love, Sister B
P.S: Mom or Dad, do you have Brother Hillam's email address? I'd love to write him a lil thank you note. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment