missionary plaque picture

missionary plaque picture

Monday, September 29, 2014

Hugs and Kisses

Family!!! 

Well fancy that, it's been raining here too! Exciting to hear about the homecoming game. Rigby's really making a name for itself now! And I'm glad that Aubree and Ryan are having such a good experience with soccer :) Both my companions so far have been soccer players and it makes me wish I'd done more of it! 

And Mom, thanks for sharing that amazing experience in the temple. That's really incredible. Did you notice how the whole women's broadcast was about temples? ;)  Your story reminds me of a scripture that's been on my mind a lot this week-- D&C 81:5 "lift up the hands that hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees." I'm so glad you got to spend such a special time with Linda :) Her and her family are in my prayers!

How do I describe this week?? I don't even know where to begin. A couple quotes come to mind: 

"I laughed, I cried, it moved me, Bob." --Veggie Tales 
"Life is like a roller coaster, it's your choice whether to scream or enjoy the ride." --someone smart on Pinterest 

That about sums it up. :) 

Running this area is a little bit like jumping on a pogo stick and eating an enchilada at the same time. Good luck, without fervent prayer. I am learning so much, and it's not always comfortable! But I've got a great companion, an amazing ward, and an incredible bishop, so all is well. 

I have to tell you about this guy named Bas we met. Sister Smith and I were driving down the street and saw someone wearing a cape and helmet and carrying a sword. So naturally we pulled over said a prayer and jumped out. :) He's a sweet boy who's been bullied a lot, so he goes around offering his protection to anyone who looks like they're in danger. Now he's investigating! You meet the coolest people out here! :) 

Sabrina is a tender mercy! One of the sweetest people I've ever met. She wants to meet with us every day, shares with us these amazing spiritual experiences she's been having with prayer and the Book of Mormon, and always texts us to tell us thank you or how excited she is to meet with us. Sometimes I think she might be a plant... She makes these amazing comments in lessons and I just go... Are you sure you aren't already a member??  Haha we've found a great friend in her. :)

Yesterday was Akeem's baptism! Anyone want to take a guess as to who baptized him? Michael! Surprise. ;) He also baptized a guy named Frank in Royal Mesa on Saturday. For Michael's birthday, Amber made him a whole scrapbook of pictures from all of his baptisms with little notes from friends. It really is like he's serving a mission right now, the one he didn't have the opportunity to serve when he was younger. He is such a true friend to everyone he meets, and they can feel his sincerity and testimony. So he just keeps being asked to perform baptism after baptism! :) 

Akeem's baptism went really well except for the part where I neglected to look at the program I'd helped to print and started playing the wrong closing song. Hahaha the ward just went with it. :) In  one of Akeem's lessons this week, he told us how he has never been the kind of person who smiles or goes out of his way to talk to others, and because of the gospel now he finds himself smiling all the time. It's been incredible to watch the light in his eyes grow brighter and brighter. Excited to have him in the ward family! :) 

Sister Luke got to visit for Akeem's baptism. We just hugged each other and cried.It was like she was back from the dead. I just wanted to keep her forever! 

Funny story of the week: I've been both sneak-attack hugged and Colombian-kissed this week. Haha what do you do when you put out your hand for a handshake and the investigator air-kisses your cheek?? Just reminds me of Nacho Libre... "Don't you know this woman is a NUN?!" 

I love you all! Because of our Savior, Jesus Christ, we never have to walk alone! But he does ask us to walk :) He can take the little sacrifice that we can offer and turn it into something magnificent as long as we have faith!  

Lots of love, 
Sister B 

No comments:

Post a Comment