missionary plaque picture

missionary plaque picture

Monday, August 25, 2014

The LAST week of the FIRST transfer!

Family!! 

Happy birthday to Aubree! 13 going on 30! Did she get my card? Also happiest of birthdays to Lauren, and Jen Rawlins and Katie Holmes, if they're reading this ;) Strange to think the Browning reunion has come and gone! It sounds like you all had a blast! I love how our whole family has become this group of roadrunners! Fun fun! 

Well some of our numbers this week were lowlowlowlow. But our determination to work hard was sky-high! And we are so excited about how well some of our investigators, especially Derek, are progressing. Lemme tell you about Derek. He has made AMAZING changes in his life! He told us that he's been praying for the strength to keep the word of wisdom and avoid temptation, and as he's been doing so, lots of his old friends that are bad influences have stopped calling. He even broke up with his girlfriend because she wasn't on board. Go Derek!! He is so ready for baptism. 

Sister Luke and I want to teach girls sooo bad. Every time we get a girl potential or investigator, we get so excited! Like "They're gonna love the gospel and get baptized and be our best friends!!" Sometimes, unfortunately, that enthusiasm is just not returned. We met these two super cool girls named Rainee and Amber, 19 and 20 year old college freshman, who we have really high hopes for. They moved here from California and are looking for a church. We taught them the first lesson on Tuesday and have tried to contact them every day since, with no luck. But we're not giving up yet! 

Some of the new converts in our ward have really been struggling lately. It is so inspiring to me to see someone completely do a 180 on everything they've ever been taught. Some people are raised in homes where there is no love, and that is heartbreaking to see. As missionaries we really ask a lot of people but we know it's not impossible when they rely on their Savior. And I've been learning that I really have to rely on my Savior as well, so that I can be a vessel for the Spirit and help others the best I can! 

Apparently I picked up an admirer this week! Haha, we got a new investigator named Matthew last week, taught him once, got him to church once, and then he dropped us. And then he texts us, "it's a shame, because Sister Browning is very attractive to me. Would love to meet her soul." ?!? No one is meeting anyone's soul, thank you very much. Haha poor guy. 

Oh! GOOD NEWS. TORI IS READY TO TAKE THE LESSONS! We knew he would come around. However, since he technically doesn't live in our area, we are handing him over to the Royal Mesa YSA sisters :( It's so sad to think we can't teach him, but we're thrilled beyond thrilled that he's finally decided to take this step. 

Recent convert Michael got to baptize his dad on Saturday! He is starting the gospel chain for his family! It is so amazing to see this Gospel change people's lives, I tell ya. It doesn't matter if your 17 or 57, married or single, rich or poor, it is for you! As Gerry was bearing his testimony at his baptism, he said something that I'm sure was inspired of the Spirit for me. He said, "If you want to change your life, you have got to be willing to be uncomfortable."  Amen and amen! 

One other funny thing. Sister Luke is such a good, hardworking missionary that she does it in her sleep! I've woken up countless times to hear her whispering, "if you just pray about it you'll know it's true," or "and then we showed up at the door in our P-day clothes," or "can we set up a time to come back?" If that isn't dedication, I don't know what is. I think she's a little embarrassed but I think it's great. 

Family, thank you so so so so much for the package. When Bishop handed it to me, he smiled and said, "you look JUST like your mom." And when I saw Amber again yesterday, that was the first thing she said to me too! It's the best compliment in. the. world. Those pistachio cookies are to die for, better than anything I ever made! Jeren, Aubree, and Ryan, you'll have to let me know what your secret is! Thank you for doing that, and for making that super awesome shirt. It meant the world to me to have that lil' piece of home. :) 

Thanks for all the letters and emails this week! Keep having fun and being happy ;) 

Lots of love, Sis B  

No comments:

Post a Comment